Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fried Rice!

For the past two weeks, Husband and I have been trying to learn how to cook fried rice (or as well like to call it Flied Lice).  My Nanny bought me a Wok for Christmas, and I absolutely love it!  It is huge, 14" inches in diameter and weighs about 50 lbs.  (not really, but it feels like it!)  We've watched videos, read articles, looked up recipes...and it tastes delicious!  But!  The rice in it is a little soggy?  Tonight we made it again and I made the rice yesterday and refrigerated it (as suggested on several youtube videos) hoping the rice would be, well, fried tasting.  But it still didn't have quite the right consistency.  I'm thinking maybe our chicken is too juicy?  I do teriyaki chicken in the crockpot, and maybe we should dry it off a little?  What do you guys think?  Any of ya'll cooked fried rice before?  I'd love to hear your suggestions!


Special shout out to my Nanny for buying us the Wok.  It's awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby Girl, Sorry I am so behind in keeping in touch with you and your blogs. My computer was out of sorts for a few days,but with the help of my Dell technican, I am up and running again. So glad you like the wok. Sorry I can't give you any advice on the rice being a little soggy, I have never cooked in a wok before. Maybe you could just go into a Chinise resturant and ask them how they do it. LOL!!!
I love fried rice too. I will see if I can find some tips on cooking in a wok and help you out if I do.
Hope you and husband are doing well. We are fine, just hibernating and trying not to be out too much, there is so much flu
everwhere and your Nannie does not need that! Tell husband hi for me. I love you Always have,Always will. Nan