Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Collection

The other day I was watching a movie on my laptop, with some headphones in, when Husband waves his hands to get my attention.  I remove one ear and ask him what he needs, and he triumphantly holds up a jagged piece of nail that he has pulled from his toenail.  He was so exuberant about this sliver of keratin that I had to swallow the "you seriously interrupted my viewing of Mirror Mirror for that?" and grin and say "oh good Honey!  Anything else"?  Truth is, these nail clippings, or "Collections" as Timothy refers to them, usually hang out on the arm of his chair until I sweep them into my hand and dispose of them. 
Husband's impressive Collection of nail fragments
The next night, he went to show his dad his giant nail scrap, and realized that I had done away with them.  He was quite disappointed.  I think I'm going to buy him a tiny tin to keep his "Collection" in because he's just so dang cute and proud about it.  Anyone have an Altoid tin they'd like to donate? :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's quite an impressive collection of nails! And your appropriately awed response is commendable. To quote Dr. Seuss, "There and here, and here and there, funny things are everywhere!"

We love you for your love and patience with our son of many facets! :-)