Monday, June 11, 2012

Rainy Drive

This weekend I went up to Atlanta to see family and go to my cousin Lauren's wedding. 
Everyone got a kick out of the picture below.  I asked my dad to take a picture with my phone, and he totally cut me out of the picture.
The wedding was beautiful, as was my cousin, and I had a great time with my family.  My niece, Emma will be 2 in 9 days and she just gets cuter and smarter every time I see her.  I spent the night with her and my sister both nights and it was wonderful to spend so much time with them.
I was sad to head home, and even sadder when I realized that my ENTIRE trip home would be filled with rain.  It would pour, and then drizzle, and then pour again.  It stopped for a total of about 10 minutes, and then I saw these clouds....


 Right after that I stopped at a gas station to get some gas, and the people beside me, who looked to be on vacation, had locked their keys in the car.  The police came to help them out and they were getting soaked.  I felt so bad for them!
And here's a little video I made right before I got home.  I was a little frustrated, if you can't tell. 

As soon as I got home, it stopped raining.  And didn't rain again.  Apparently I was one of those cartoons with a cloud over my head...Probably because I was so sad about leaving my family!  In consolation though, I get to see them again in 2 weeks for Emma's birthday party! 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to have lunch with us yesterday. I wish you lived closer to us Baby Girl. I love you much. Bet Emma has had a day at the beach. Wish I could see her playing in the sand. Have a good week. Nan