Friday, July 20, 2012

100 Miles!

So today, while looking at my fitness tracker, I noticed something interesting.  I just hit the 100 mile mark!  Meaning, since my birthday on April 20th, I have ran 100 miles.  So as far as my goal goes, I am 8 miles ahead of schedule.  Yay!
I wish I could say, "Oh yeah, that was so easy."  But friends, I didn't enjoy a single one of those miles!  Haha!  That being said, my body itself appreciated it, and I have been able to tell a difference.  I read a quote the other day that said something about the best part of working out is the moment when your body does something it couldn't do a month ago.  And I thought about that for a minute, and if you had told me back in April, that I would be running 4.75 miles with no problem just a few months later, I would've laughed.  But now I realize just what my body is capable of, and if I just get my mind in gear, it will surprise me.  I still don't feel like I'm a "runner" but perhaps after 900 more miles, and listening to Vanessa Carlton's decade old hit song a couple more times I'll begin to feel like that title fits me.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Girl,Sounds as if since you have reached the 100+miles goal, you are now thinking about a thousand!! Go girl, I might see you in the olympics one day....love you.....Nan