Thursday, July 26, 2012

Special Delivery!

Today Husband texted me a picture of a package I had received at home.  I excitedly called him and asked him to open it, because I am the world's most impatient person and don't like waiting for stuff.  He replied that he was no longer at home, so he couldn't open it.  The suspense was killing me!  So when I finally got home a couple of hours later, I was so excited to tear into the package!  I saw it was from my grandmother and just knew it was gonna be good!  And boys and girls, was I ever right!  Her and PawPaw had sent me a care package full of food they had canned! 
 They made salsa and tomato juice from their garden vegetables, fig preserves from their fig tree, and peach and strawberry preserves from fruit from a local farm.  We went out to dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday tonight and I was too stuffed to be able to try any of the stuff Nannie sent me, but you better believe I'll be tearing into those tomorrow!  My grandparents are awesome cooks and they're so good at canning stuff, I know I will not be let down.  I am one spoiled little granddaughter.  Thanks Nan and Paw!
And a very happy birthday to the best mother-in-law there is, Mrs. Lois! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you like your "care-package". It was just a little something from the"heart"...nothing fancy, just love and you know Nan never wants any one to be hungry. ha ha
You and husband enjoy and tell me which is #1 on the figs. Love you, Nan

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sweet daughter-in-law of mine! And thanks for the beautiful plant, and for celebrating with me at dinner!

Enjoy your treats from your grandparents. They look scrumpdilyiscious! Love you, girl!

Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.