Thursday, March 15, 2012

Company!

Thursdays are the days for my long runs of the week.  The plan is to run 3 days a week.  The first two days are pretty easy, a lot of intervals.  And the 3rd day is a longer run that gets longer and longer each week.   I decided that each week I would do the first two days of running on Monday and Tuesday, and then do my long run on Thursday.  That way I get the running over and done with during the week and don't have to worry about it over the weekend.  And over the weekend, hopefully I forget how miserable running is and hopefully get some of my motivation back. 
But anyways, today I was scheduled to run 2 miles.  Last time I was running regularly, about a year ago, I had some problems with my right foot.  The muscle on the top of my foot spasms about every other step.  It doesn't neccessarily hurt, it's just really uncomfortable.  It draws my toes under and doesn't matter the amount of stretching, type of shoes, surface I'm running on, icing, bengay rubbing, or complaining I do, it always happens.  It's kind of discouraging and at one point last year, I had it x-rayed to make sure I didn't have a stress fracture.  The x-ray I had done didn't show stress fractures (kind of making it pointless to even have it done) and the doctor suggested a more expensive x-ray.  Didn't have that done.  And after not running for about 8 months, it's still doing it, so it obviously isn't a stress fracture.  So today while I was running, my foot was spasming and my shins were hurting (my lungs are totally fine, as are my thighs and calves) so I more or less shufflejogged the two miles.  But I got it done!  Anyways...somebody call the waaambulance right?  And so I went to McDonalds for dinner to reward myself.  Yep, getting fattening food, while wearing these pants.  But anyways...I promise I'm not going to become one of those people who only talks about working out all the time. 
In other news, my grandparents are coming to visit us this weekend.  Yaaaay!  I'm so excited for them to come see our house and visit with us.  Hope everyone has a quick Friday!

No comments: