Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello!

Well I"m back from my little bloggy break and my wonderful weekend with my mom and sister.  I'm going to post about the trip sometime soon, but right now I'm just too tired.  While gorging ourselves on food this weekend, me, my mom, and my sister all decided that we were going to run a 5k together.  I have finished two 5ks in the past year and a half, and found that I was more motivated to run when I knew I had a scheduled 5k for which I was training.

Here's me after my first 5k in November 2010.
Me on the left and my insanely fit sister-in-law Kelli on the right. 
I actually got a trophy at this race for finishing 3rd in my age group (it helped that there were only 4 people in my age group.)  Kelli got 2nd place!
 
And here's me at my second 5k February 2011 (on the left in the blue pants) .  It was freezing cold on this run.
So since I am no longer in the shape I was for these runs, I decided to do the ""Couch to 5k,"" and my mom and sister decided to do it with me!  I've heard good things about the running plan for that program, so hopefully it will work for us.  We got lucky and there's two 5ks for us to choose from on my birthday weekend in April, which is when I'll be up their way next. The program is for 2 months, and we have just 6 weeks, but each week you only run 3 days, so we'll just have to do an extra run each week.  Today we did our first run, and it wasn't bad!  We'll see if I'm still saying that 5 weeks from now.  I figured putting it on this blog, and having a little extra accountability will keep me motivated.  So keep me accountable people!  :)  Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: