Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family

As I mentioned earlier this week, my family came down to visit this weekend.  We had a great time, even if the weather wasn't very agreeable.  They didn't get here until late on Friday, so we just stayed up and talked a little that night.  Saturday, Timothy and my brother-in-law Robert played a little golf and then we all went down to Tallahassee to go to the Pig Fest.  They had some bbq vendors and some craft vendors as well, but it was kind of a let down.  I don't know if they were supposed to have more vendors there that didn't show up because rain was in the forecast, or not.
I pathetically only got one picture the entire weekend, taken on an iPhone, of me and my dad.
   
No doubt I am his daughter, huh?  We look just alike!
We did a little shopping after the festival to waste some time.  I got a cute bathing suit for a pretty good deal, so that was a success.  My parents then treated us all to Carrabba's for a late Valentine's Dinner.  It was very good!  My really cute niece was cracking us up during the dinner by eating lemons.  She'd lick the lemon and then make a hilarious face and say "hot hot"!  (meaning sour)  I felt bad because we kept giving her lemons so that we could see the face she was making.  I started laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes.  Yes, we got a video of it.  And yes, I am going to exploit my niece for the sake of a little humor on my blog post. (Don't worry, I got her mother's approval first)  Check out the face at second 14.

Once we got home that night we played a little Scattergories.  My mom won the first round and either my husband or my dad won the second round, I can't quite remember.  This morning we got up and ate a breakfast casserole I cooked in the crockpot overnight (recipe here) and my dad's famous (and delicious) waffles.  I was sad to see them go, but glad for the memories that we made.  Looking forward to our girls trip to Hilton Head in two weeks!  Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!

No comments: